Anti Aging Skin Care – Aging is reversible?
There are two types of aging: One is called Intrinsic aging. The bad news? It’s inevitable. Intrinsic aging, AKA the natural aging process, is determined by your genetic disposition. This determines how quickly or not stuff starts “falling apart”.
What’s the good news? The good news is that this type of aging, believe it or not, only counts for 10-20% of your aging! This is great news, because it means that you have an extremely high percentage on your side to prevent aging. Enter anti aging skin care.
This brings us to the second type of aging – Extrinsic aging, AKA environmental aging. This type of aging begins early in your life and is caused by a number of outside factors, which make your skin age prematurely. The main factor is photo aging, or exposure to the sun.
Other damaging factors include pollution, facial expressions, gravity, sleeping patterns, heat and wind as well as habits like smoking, poor diet, alcohol and not drinking enough water.
This means that aging is highly preventable, so the sooner you start caring for your skin, the better. Know how some people look shamelessly young for their age? Well, now that you’re in on our little secret, you’ll know that it’s not necessarily from good genes. Perhaps they’re just taking good care of themselves. Why not join them?
One of the most effective ways of reducing the signs of aging can be found in pure, high-quality anti aging skin care creams. Beware, however. The web offers a dizzying array of anti aging skin care companies, all of whom try to convince you that their anti aging skin care cream is God’s gift to anti-aging. Most of them aren’t. Here are some questions to ask, to help you find a quality anti aging skin care product that actually does what you want it to, which is to make you look younger:
* Do they offer a free trial/money back guarantee?
* Do they have verifiable testimonials from people with before/after pictures? If not, keep looking – it’s very easy to erase wrinkles in Photoshop.
* Are all the ingredients clearly listed? If not, don’t buy it.
* Are the ingredients explained? If you see a list of unpronounceable ingredients without a detailed, verifiable explanation as to their anti aging qualities, how will you know it will work?
* When you read about the anti aging skin care cream, does it seem scientific? If not, run the other way. It’s very easy to get sucked in to cleverly written sales-letters. If you’re going to be impressed by anything, let it be the extent to which the company goes to document scientifically why their product works – not sales fluff.
Asking these questions will dramatically increase your chance of finding a high-quality anti aging skin care product.
An ancient science of healing from India called Ayurveda, has a holistic approach to anti-aging skincare. Here are key anti-aging skin care tips based on this 5,000 year old science that still holds true today:
1. Avoid eating too much spicy hot food during summer and hot weather because it will increase your chances for breakouts.
2. A key fundamental rule of anti-aging skincare is to provide sufficient nourishment during winter months. Nourish your skin by hydrating, drink plenty of water. During the winter months your skin is prone to become dry thus lacking suppleness and will form wrinkles more easily. Drinking plenty of water helps repair your skin.
3. Always adhere to a daily anti-aging skincare regimen. Beautiful skin starts with a basic daily program of cleansing and moisturizing. Cleanse and moisturize as you get your day started and again before bedtime.
4. Avoid paraphernalia with heavy chemicals.
5. Use natural anti-aging skincare products. Once you’ve used natural products and see how they benefit your skin, you’ll be unwilling to go back to anything artificial or synthetic for your anti aging skincare needs.
6. Certain foods will keep your skin looking clear, radiant and healthy. An anti-aging skincare diet consists of fruits, seasonal vegetables with plenty of cooked leafy greens. Fruits and vegetables are rich in natural antioxidants which is an excellent way to fight skin damage from free radicals. Make sure you eat some fat for having healthy skin. Healthy fat keeps our skin supple and radiant and maintains the collagen level in our face giving us a youthful look. An example of good fat is avocadoes. The fat in avocadoes is monounsaturated or considered the good kind because it actually lowers cholesterol levels. You can argue this is may be the perfect food for our anti-aging skincare needs.
7. The first tell-tale sign of sleep deprivation will show up in your skin, under your eyes and eyelids. To have healthy looking skin you need quality sleep. Your skin is a reflection of you and everything that’s going on inside your body. For your body and mind to function at optimal levels it’s no secret that you’ll need quality rest.
8. The silent killer is not heart disease it’s.. stress, yes stress. Not only does stress undermine your health, it also damages your appearance. To counteract a stressful lifestyle, exercise frequently and practice yoga. Weekly massage will help along with laughter and the company of friends and family. Remember, beauty comes from within.
Healthy Diet and stress management
A healthy diet rich in greens, proteins and the season’s fruits is the key to perfect skin. As far as stress management is concerned, try following a yoga routine early in the morning.Aren’t you just tired of looking at these dark circles beneath your eyes that make you look as if you haven’t slept properly in years? I’m quite sure that dark circles are the least of your worries right now though, especially with all the pimples and the discolored patches on your skin that make you feel simply “ugly.” You are not the only one though. Here are some home remedies that will help you get rid of all these skin problems.
Honey is an excellent moisturizer, which softens and smoothens the texture of your skin. simply apply raw honey directly on your skin and leave it on for a while. The water content in honey will moisturize your skin, giving you a clear and radiant skin.
Lime juice is one of the best ingredients you can use to get clear skin. the citric acid in lime juice removes dead cells while the vitamin C content helps reduce dark spots and skin discoloration by enhancing the cell renewal process. Simply apply freshly squeezed lime juice on your skin and leave it on for a while before washing it off. Then apply cucumber slices to moisturize your skin.
Turmeric is an excellent remedy for skin rashes, allergies and other skin disorders since it has anti-bacterial properties. Mix turmeric and gram flour in equal quantities and mix with water to make a paste. Apply this mixture on our face and let it dry. Wash it off with lukewarm water, scrubbing your face gently.
Aloe vera has limitless benefits for the skin. Many beauty products contain this important ingredient. Its anti-bacterial properties help fight off bacteria that cause scars, anti-inflammatory properties help soothe irritated skin, and astringent properties help to remove scars. In fact, whatever your skin problem is, simply apply aloe vera gel on your skin to get relief.
Baking soda is a must have ingredient to add in your beauty kits. It balances the pH levels on your skin, which is very important to keep your skin healthy and beautiful. Mix one teaspoon of baking soda with water or lemon juice to make a paste. Use it to exfoliate your skin after cleansing.